. . written by RHS throwing coach Dr. John N. Kernan, EdD
2015 Indoor Track & Field Season
Riverton HS Throwers
The 2015 indoor track & FIELD season is now in the books! Our
throwers competed in four meets, including the SIMPLOT GAMES (North
America’s Premier High School Indoor Track and Field Event). The
Silverwolves were able to win several medals, obtain a few podiums, and
get an early start to the 2015 outdoor season. Along the way the
Silverwolves had 33 supervised training sessions, took 345 medicine ball
throws, put up 590 throws, did 300 drills, lifted 900 reps in weight room,
and ran 10 miles of hard, fast running.
The goals that Coach Kernan set for this indoor season was to:
• have extended pre-season training for the outdoor season,
• work on the mental preparation for athletes to be able to compete in
tough, large outdoor competitions (meets),
• teach the rotational shot put technique to our RHS throwers,
• and just as the cross country season is a build up for runners in track &
field, the indoor season is a KEY for success in the field events.
The student-athletes who participated in the indoor season were:
• Andy Allen, Mitchell Burnett, Kaiden Hansen, Kenny Orton, Caleb Rogers,
and Cole Wood for the boys, with . . .
• Hannah Brimhall, Vania Liane, Stella Faasisila, Jessica Steeneck, and
Tara Roylance for the girls.
Coach Kernan said, “I am very pleased with the results and
accomplishments of our athletes who accepted this challenge. I know this
will make a difference for the outdoor track & field season. My plan is to
make this an annual challenge for our throwers.”
Hey, Silverwolves . . . Be a CHAMPION Today?